Monday, June 22, 2009

November 24, 2006: New Advances in Embryonic Photography

When the National Geographic Society is not indulging in right-wing politics (which turned me away from them in my student days), they can do some really wonderful things. My wife and one of my closest colleagues were both addicted to the Pete's Pond webcam when it was active. Now they have become the platform for the release of some of the most sophisticated (color) photographs of embryos that we have yet seen. This has attracted a fair amount of Web buzz, but I fell that Spiegel Online provided one of the better combinations of reporting and photography. While "commonplace book" entries have traditionally been photographs, today I feel obliged to include what I feel was one of the most striking images from the Spiegel site.

No comments:

Post a Comment